What is better to receive on Valentine’s Day than chocolate? Even better than that? Chocolate, marshmallows, truffles…all homemade deliciousness packaged into a treat box to gift to the one [or ones] you love.
It was easy to create – each individual item is really easy to put together so if you don’t want to go the whole hog, you can just make one or two element which would be just as well received!
And let’s be honest – these don’t have to just be made for Valentine’s Day! February is the month of LOVE anyway so make them any time – gift them to your friends who you haven’t seen in months, do some doorstep deliveries to help spread a bit of cheer around the place…or make them for yourself!
1. Chop the chocolate into small chunks
2. Warm the cream in a small saucepan until it comes to simmering point
3. Pour the warm cream over the chocolate, add the vanilla and leave it for 5 minutes
4. Stir and ensure all chocolate is melted
5. Refrigerate for at least two hours until solid
6. Form into small balls and roll in desired toppings
7. These truffles will keep in the fridge for up to two weeks
I used the biscuit flooding method using royal icing and water [instructions were on the packet] by creating line icing and then flooding it with more liquid icing but you could decorate with a simple water icing and sprinkles!
First time that we attempted home made marshmallows and we are in love! [I say “we” because I was too scared to attempt this on my own with the high sugar temperatures – I’m quite clumsy!]
We used the Jamie Oliver recipe which is found in his “Home Comforts” cookbook but also can be accessed here. They are honestly so tasty and this recipe made a lot!
So go ahead and bake something with love! Let me know if you try any of these recipes or if you’ve been inspired to try making your own marshmallows!!